![]() |
| the world was hers for the reading |
Bismillah.
Today, on this serene weekend, i’ll share my love on books!
Yes, you read it right. Books !
Sounds lovely? Hehe
Orait, to start with, i read
a lot of books. I mean a huge lot, since i was a young girl with no
money. I saved everyday and at the end of the month @ in two months time, i'll ask ayah to bring me to bookshop in Kota Bharu, either Pustaka Seri Intan or Syarikat Muda Osman (SMO). I read many kinds of books up until
a point i can form my own opinion from the author and i beg to differ
from the authors’ views. No, i dont mean im boasting over myself, but that is
just what happens when you do read.
Before, when i see people discussed on things about books
and the authors’ views and share their own, i had a conflict @ inner crisis
with myself. I keep thinking why i am yet to form my own opinion? I feel so
lame and angry with myself for that incapability. Later on the stage of my life,
with increasing age haha, i am now proud to say i am mature enough to at least
create an argument with the author and not everything they say i agree. I am
not carried away by the winds anymore and i believed i stood on my ground
firmly.
Come on, i mean what we read do influence us. Just to give
an example to make it clearer, when one author comment about the bad experience
he had about one political party, and you arent matured enough, you’ll just
follow suit and agree with what he said. Another one, when one author wrote a
book on this title but she deliberately talked mostly unrelated to the title,
you know you dont like the book ahahah. Or, when you read books and you decided
you wont go near the authors’ book anymore because you kinda guessed what the
book will say hihi. Nonetheless, you’ll find many more books that are eye
openers, informative and you’ll of course love the author.
I quite dont believe how patient i was during younger times
and i feel like turning back to those time. Not only because i was more patient
but beacuse i dont have to think of many things. (and no worries whatsoever
about paying bills :p) Okay back to the topic. I was patient to wait until i
was in lower form to buy the educational magazines like e-Siswa, Dewan Siswa and
to wait until upper secondary to buy for the appropriate edu mags like Fokus
SPM. And i waited until i was done with schools to start buying another books
other than exercise books like motivational books and other stuffs. When i was
still at school, i always rationalize myself telling things like rm20 for a
book can buy me FOUR exercise books. I started shopping on lots of motivational,
religious and mind blowing books when i was in matriculation. At that time, all
matric students received allowance per semester. I cant remember how much. And
these shopping continues until.... RIGHT NOW! Hihi. I recalled ayah asking me,
dont uni students only read story books? Hehehe i told him we have this
semester thingy and when a semester ended, we will learn new courses the next
semester hence i dont read those heavy textbooks during semester breaks :D
I will read heavy materials type of books in my room and
focused. For light material type of books like story books, i’ll just read it
everywhere. I always despise myself if i dont bring any books as a company
anywhere i go -_- huhu That’s just plainly me.
One more thing is, i'd love to share what i read but many just dont bother. Okay, they even laughed at me. Its alright because i had long created a wordpress specially for books sharing.
Here is the link, you might want to see it, so here you go!
