Assalamualaikum. So how was your two weeks in this new year? Mine has been great. School has started and the general election is around the corner, meaning I have to work under pressure and at a fast pace.
I have to train students sajak for a national competition in March which is held once in two years. No, please dont get surprised. I was more surprised when i knew i have to train them sajak. I know zero knowledge about sajak and above all, i have least interest in it. Why it has to be me?? I took sometime to adjust the feeling of having to train people something that i barely know.

I was informed about this end of last year and already i conducted a simple audition among the students who showed interest, only to arrive at school on the first day this year to be informed that the student whom i inclined to choose has transferred to another school.
Aint waste no time, me being an exemplary teacher (hahha) hurriedly conducted another auditions to select the final candidate. The funniest thing during the audition was when they asked me to give example how to perform the sajak :D haha. Only if they knew this was my first time having to do something with this kind of things -__-
Alright, the bottom line is many students (>20) turned up for audition and all i could say was "good, you have the voice/you need more trainings/should speak out louder" while i gave marks for them.
The tough moments came when they started asking, "will i be selected? / when are you announcing the final candidate? / "when will you call me again? " They even showed up at the teachers' room to ask those similar questions.
Oh, how i could i answer that? Sometimes, i give them hopes which i myself will crash on them. I feel sorry i can only choose two students; a boy and a girl.
It is hard to turn them down after they are looking very hopeful.