Jalan-Jalan Perpustakaan Tun Abdul Razak (PTAR)

 

Assalamualaikum. 


Just a short one today. 



pic credit : ain

lucky i found this one 

I was looking for a space like Leisure Area in UIA Library but there isn't one and kinda dissappoint. The staff informed that all books are not arranged based on category or genres but on call numbers. 


I was like, what? Call numbers? Meaning i have to go check the OPAC every time i wanted to look for books. What if i wanna browse and look for books i may find interesting? No chance then. 


I think it was so...


Libraries should be more accomodative and spark the joy of reading, but seeing this one, nothing is sparked unfortunately. 


A long aisle of PCs is no problem at all, but if i have to go to OPAC, checking the call numbers and locating the books in shelves everytime - im sorry i give up. 


I understood it's not a public library but rather in a university, so why not? A small space would do. But to think further, there must be reasons for that so fine then. 


But still for a bibliophile, it does not appeal to me. 


We just in need of a space with shelves of fictional and light books with various categories - UIA has it - fictions, biographies, memoirs, cookbooks, magazines and every day newspapers (sorry cant help but compare :p)







'twas nice having a coffee shop just beside the library, the only good thing maybe 





On the train, trying to finish the book I'm currently reading.