Assalamualaikum. This is my fourth year teaching home
tuition and yeah, it has always been a fun experience knowing many students with
different habits, backgrounds and pouring them with whatever knowledge i had,
how little it is.
In 2016, i taught a group of 15 SPM students English. One of
them happened to be the son of my colleague, K Zu and later only i understood
where did the good behaviour of his came from. His mother is an example of
patience of perseverance. She said once, ‘duit ni jangan risau, dia pergi, dia
akan datang balik :D’ haha
Another is Faris from Selayang Baru, who is a special
student. He was 17 (but his mind is like 9 years old) when i first taught him
and we lasted for more than two years. I’ve stopped teaching him officially in
March 2018 and started back in early 2016. I was going back and forth to
Selayang Baru every weekends for those two years and every time riding there,
my back will ache so much owing to the long ride, 30 minutes each way. So, it
costs me an hour on road every class. I will always stopped by at the Petronas
Selayang Baru for snacks after class @ to refuel my bike @ going to the loo. I
also misplaced my phone once there and great thanks to the staff who kept it
safe for me, i only realised my phone wasnt with me when i arrived home huu. I will remember the hot nescafe served plus
varied baked cakes @ cookies from his mom. I recalled his father calling me one morning
and gave details of his special son, how frightened i was thinking of him as a
scammer hihi. I even hesitated until the last minute whether to go or not going
on the first meeting. We arranged a
meeting just for a short class to get to know the parents and students. And
Faris proved to be special in his way. Although his mind isnt parallel with his
age, he can recite quran fluently and he memorise the multiplication table.
Woah! That never fails to amaze me and i would narrate his story again and
again to fellow students.
Next one is Hana from Sri Gombak, a cheeky student who craves
all my patience haha. I taught her for a whole year in 2017 for UPSR and now
she’s studying in a nearby boarding school. We share the same liking for Bakers’
Cottage shop :D and now what more when it moved to another location, with
improved shop area. It sells coffee and a very convenient place to go. I always
complained before at its old location, i thought it would be better if they have
tables for us to seat and have our bread and now it materialised alhamdulillah.
I often go there sipping my coffee and a slice of bread plus a book as company.
Okay, back to her story. Hana is a bit moody and manja. Sometimes, she has to
be heavily coaxed by her parents to bear with the 2 hours tuition period. Other
times, she is all okay and excited to study. Haha, normal girls problem,
emotions :p She also loves to imitate my appearance, buying and wearing a scarf
that properly covers the aurah and asking for my opinions about her looks and
all haha. Once, she wanted to follow me to Pesta Buku KL when i told her i will
be going there. I was like.. no, you cant. Then she went there with her mom and
we incidentally met there hehe. There was one day when she was really moody and
studying in a bad mad, and didnt face me. Instead, she was facing the opposite
and i told her, if she’ll continue that way, she’d better not studying and i’ll
go home. So, i went and open the door when she came and pulled me to the living
room again huhu. Since the mood swing situations always happened i decided to
just go home that time just to give her a lesson and remind her to have respect
for the teacher.
Above all, i’m thankful for the experience J