Oh My English


Bismillah.

Whenever i read biography books, i'm amazed at how people recall meticulous or tiny bits of memoirs in their life. I mean when they were small and little kids. And wondering why i dont have much to recall? Haha

Okay, so tonight i'll write something about my teacher. When i was in Form 1, i went into a secondary school just like my older sister, which i disliked. Of course, i aimed to study at a boarding school, but since i didnt get through, i just have to accept it.

First day was troublesome. I kept complaining how much i disliked the school and repeating i'll change to another school very soon (which didnt happen)

Sir Chew Seng Hin was my English teacher. He introduced us to journals and he made us write our individual journals everyday. Everyday.

And i commited to it until i reached Form 3, Sir Chew taught my class again. Scoring pretty good marks in both essays and comprehension was my expertise then. I aced them all. There was one time when he kissed my essay paper in front of me and my friends which made me a little embarrassed. He was also the one who came to us and secretly announcing our PMR result (top scorers) when we're waiting nervously for official announcement.

I will always remember him as my notable English teacher + Teacher Toh Cheng Lian who taught me in Year 6.

Both of them are important people who have some shares in shaping my English today.

Unfortunately, i never saw them again after leaving school for some years now. I wish to meet them again in my adult life.

Now, everytime i teach English, i stress on one major thing. There's no short cut to success. You must go through the very basic things (grammar and all) before you go to the next levels.

I assure you, if you take shortcuts, you would never master the language. (Okayy, after some stories, there ought to be moral value right? 😂)

Thanks for reading.