When I’ve Got No Husband and No Kids

 

me literally when they say those things straight to my face :p

When I’ve got no husband and no kids 

They say;

You’re many notches lesser in responsibility

Got no hubsy to entertain 

No kids to feed, bathe

No house to clean

Literally none to tend to.


When I’ve got no husband and no kids 

They say;

Why the need to go home early

Why the fuss if you have to stay back

Why can’t you sacrifice your weekends

Some smirking, some smiling nonchalantly. 


When I’ve got no husband and no kids 

and chose to sleep in on weekends 

eat out at restaurants

spend time reading (forever & always)

watching movies

strolling around places

They say; 

Oh, lucky you!

'Cause you got no husband and no kids. 


When I go out on my own

Sipping hot cappuccino alone 

They say;

Oh, pity you!

'Cause you got no husband and no kids. 


When I’ve got no husband and no kids 

and said I’m occupied

Yeah, am busy now

They say;

What for?

You can’t be serious

For sure you’ve got plenty of free time on your plate

'Cause you got no husband and no kids. 


When I’ve got no husband and no kids (yet)

If you’ve got no nice things to say

You may as well just shut up be kind. 



Nur Anis Pauzi

9th July 2023

Gombak, Kuala Lumpur