First Day of School

Assalamualaikum. Hai guys. 


I pray everyone is doing fine and in a good health, physical and mental.


Today, the TV announced PKP in Selangor will be extended to February 4th. 


This year, I have few more subjects i have to teach in addition of previous years - PJK and Pendidikan Seni. Last year, I was glad because these two didnt make it into my schedule. This year, nope. I dont like them by the way haha. 

1. I know no sports

2. I hate dislike arts. Arts and me cannot be friends. 


Okay, that put aside; my first class of the year wasnt a bed of roses. 


Thinking about it just made me feel like i totally failed myself haha


First day was given to class teacher to conduct the briefing session, so no online class on the first day. 






The haywires on my first class ;

i. started a bit late

ii. laptop cannot connect to hotspot (guys, my laptop usually dont have this problem)

iii. pupils talk to each other merrily despite me non stop saying please turn off your mic (wait till they see me in real haha)

iv. the audios of shared videos arent working 

v. pupils chatting again

vi. laptop hang (it picked the best time to hang)

vii. phone hang for seconds (pls iPhone dont embarass urself)


At the end of the session, we all have to sing the Asmaul Husna, state and school song but i only managed to make them nasyid the asmaul husna. The rest are good byes. I couldnt open the prepared video and i was clueless. 


Class done and i checked the whatsapp group and realised im not alone in this 

-  a teacher had to drive to school pronto when the internet suddenly not working

- a teacher started class at 10 am + due to lagging in wifi

- a teacher didnt load all the songs in the class, lagging as well

- a teacher cancelled the morning class and rescheduled to 2pm

- and wifi lag some more haha


Online classes aint easy. thinking of those less fortunate with no gadgets to access the class, no wifi, no facilities, inconvenient home etc. Allahuakbar


Wait, looking on the other side of the coin is - im grateful for still having a job to attend to, earning monthly salary, have some food on the table. Alhamdulillah. This rant is just purely me, sharing my day :)


This covid thingy is really haunting all of us in this whole wide world and no exemptions. May Allah take away this virus from us sooner.