Assalamualaikum.
When i first came across this book, my tongue told me that it never pronounced those words :p
I really want to read this book when it freshly launched, but never got the chance to @ isnt it because i didnt take the chance to buy the book?? Either one. haha.
So, I was surprised seeing this book in my house last week. Thanks to my housemate. :D
Wanna know my first impression seeing this book when it was launched?
I was hooked by the cover page. it looks awesome :D
Dr. Maszlee Malik, the author is an IIUM lecturer and he is visible in the campus. I believe that if you're the IIUM alumni, you happened to cross path with him at least once in uia.
Okay okay, am writing the content now. hehe. what a lengthy introduction :)
I'll pick some points worthy to share.
![]() |
| 430 pages |
SHQIPTAR refers to an Albanian.
CHAMPS ELYSEES is a place in Paris, the so-called City of Love.
In brief, this is a novel with two main characters; Anela (Shqiptar) and Rafi (Malaysian).
They studied at the same uni, University al Bayt, Jordan and happened to meet again after about 10 years at an airport.
Anela is a single mother with a daughter, while Rafi is blessed with two kids and an expectant wife.
And.. there the story blends, when Anela started to pour over all her life stories to Rafi whom she hasnt met for years and Rafi, once a Naqib among his colleagues was no longer the old Rafi. The old Rafi who will not meet a woman face to face nor eye to eye.
The second part I wanna note here is about BESA. BESA to Shqiptar is like an oath. Once he vows BESA, he can never go back. Eg: Anela vows BESA not to drink alcohol. And, once she made that BESA, she must hold to it until death. It shows a high integrity among Shqiptar.
It's you for me and me for you for all of our days
You told me you swore yourself to me always
And as I see you, my love
Right now I feel in me
The ryhthm of my heart
It's you for me and me for you for all of our days
You told me you swore yourself to me always
And as I see you, my love
Right now I feel in me
The ryhthm of my heart
The third part is, on how the author write about a jemaah that he once belonged. Personally, i thank him for his arguments but pardon me, i cannot accept his. I knew so well the jemaah he was criticizing. And, i was stunned how could he say those things. huu.
Next, the author include luxurious information on history sometimes i skipped the pages. haha. By the way, about the first 50 pages failed to arouse my interest. I was somewhat dissappointed since i couldnt get what is this book all about then. I even complained to my friend that this book isnt suitable for light reading if anyone happened to think so.
The last part is about a married man who suddenly falls in love @ attracted to another woman. The author says do not open the Pandora Box. Once it is opened, you cant close it :'(
Hmm.. is that the only things in the novel? Nope! There's lots more you should dig in yourself. Read for a better world :)
That's all for now.
Thanks for reading :)
